Monday, January 29, 2007

I Hate Email !

Man... email! Do you have any idea how much time I WASTE using email? I am wholeheartedly convinced that if it weren't for email, I'd be rich by now!

It's a weakness. Man, I come home, walk in the door and go to the basement to turn on the the computer, then I go back upstairs to hang my coat up and maybe go to the bathroom, if I need to, check mail, look for water leaks...whatever.

I'm on the computer all hours of the night, I get 300 spam emails a day, easy! between about 7 email addresses! I use the stuff for business and pleasure and speculation and communication. Heck I even get emails about the emails I get!

If it weren't for email, the albums would be finished, the pictures and frames would be hung, the wallpaper would be down and that ugly wallpaper would be gone, along with that ugly hurricane lampish chandelier type thing, the rest of the house would be painted, the carpets would be shampoo'd, all my clothes would be put away and I'd PROBABLY be skinnier! because I wouldn't be sitting in this darned chair stairing at this compu-beast. Viruses? Oh my gosh... sofware downloads? Newsletters, info-mercials, advertisements, new found wealth solicitations from New Guinnea and a thousand other places. JUNK!

Jokes? Holy smokes. JOKES? There's 95 people on my joke list and half of them send stuff back, and half of those have stuff to look at attached to the email other than just the email! and then there's the CD club news and I HAVE to check out the new CDs, the magazine subscriptions the airlines solicitations and... then... the IMPORTANT emails -- business clients who want products and services delivered or finished or.... worse.. people who want me to love the house (and my computer) and get away from email !!! Are they nuts?

Email is probably the worst thing that has EVER happened to me -- bar none; it's an illness and an obsession unto it's own... and it sucks the life right out of you.. Man... my fingers hurt.. I answered about 75 emails just this afternoon not counting the ones I handled at work today. Email.... wow... how'd THAT happen ?

Oh.. gotta go... I got more (e)mail...

No comments: