Saturday, June 10, 2006

At this very moment...

At this very moment, my youngest son is on his way to see my mother. This is a huge event, because he is home on leave (U.S. Navy) from Naples, Italy. Mom knows he's coming to the states at some point but she has no idea that he'll come to see her.

My mom SO loves her grand children. This will be a bigger surprise than she may have ever had, because this is his first trip to see grand mom as an adult, on his own, and even without dad (that would be me.)

I cannot begin to tell you what joy this brings to my heart, knowing how my mom will feel when he shows up... in about 20 minutes. It brings tears to my eyes.

Ahhh... Sometimes it doesn't take much to have a really good day.

That's all.

You have a great day too.

Kelvin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, you big softie! But it is a pivotal moment, I'll grant you that.

Life, it happens said...

Hey I get it, and I don't care whats the age they will always get to you. Thats totally special, I am sure she was overjoyed. Pivotal indeed!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelvin - you really are a sentimental guy. I can't wait to hear your Mom's reactions to his visit. Is it Kip you are refering to?? Enjoyed the "Spontaneity" article. I find I'm too spontaneous most of the time and that shows in my lack of time to do housework!! Ah, something more fun always seems to intervene, such as going to the dentist, having a lobotomy, etc., etc.

Kelvin Ringold said...

Hi, anonymous! Careful with that lobotomy; you may turn into a writer! LOL.

No, this was my baby son, Michael( http://www.ringold.net/myfamily.html, far right). He even went to church with her on Sunday morning, so she was in 7th heaven. Life is good.

Have an awesome day.

Kelvin Ringold said...

Jinx! I think I failed to acknowledge your comment before! I SO apologize. It turned out to be a great visit, even with me letting him have a party at my house (Yikes!) My mom, well... I'm not sure her feet are touching the ground *yet*. Thanks for reading my stuff. I appreciate it.