Saturday, October 20, 2007

Shouldn't She Have Her Own Blog ?

A lot of people consider me fairly upbeat and motivational, but sometimes even a motivator can use a refill, and I am blessed with a few such friends whom I admire, whose attitudes and vision are models for me, and are good places for me to plug-in when I need a pick-me-up.

I've one friend in particular who I keep telling that she really should write a blog, because so many of her words and insights are either very motivational, or very soothing and comforting. I emailed her this morning and explained how pretty the yellow leaves were this morning, on the trees in my yard; and how it was a perfect fall day... and she wrote back with a few memories of her own. I thought I would share them with you, and you tell *me* if she shouldn't have her own blog.

Reprinted with her permission (sort of):

"Sounds like a great morning there....seeing the beautiful leaves falling. Autumn is my favorite season! To me, it is just the most breathtaking of events in nature because of the leaves, the gorgeous sunsets, the harvest moons. Pure delight! I also love ... cold mornings, warm days, with a cool breeze, and nighttime that is cold and crisp.) When I was a little girl, I loved coming home from school in the fall, because Mom always had the most delicious things waiting for us for dinner. Stews, soups, spaghetti, hot apple pies, warm pound cakes, gingersnap cookies, all fresh out of the oven. We would open the back door and take one whiff and it was pure heaven for our senses! I try to do that for my kids, as the memories it makes are just the best!! Dang, now I'm hungry! LOL.

I also love the seasonal events in the fall....Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas (even though that is technically winter.) Just call me a sentimentalist at heart! I love watching the same rerun movies every year...."It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown", "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" (Snoopy and Woodstock are hilarious with the food....popcorn! HA), their Christmas special too, then the ever classic, "Its A Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart. Wow. My kids know what a "sap" I am! "

Now honestly, folks... doesn't that just make you want to hear about more of life through those eyes? She's got tons of stories. Now if I can just get her to put them in a blog.

Stay tuned... I'll see what I can do.

Kelvin

No comments: