Monday, June 30, 2008

Make Somebody's Day!

I dashed to catch the elevator, this morning, "Can you hold that car, please?" After the customary amenities, "hi...what floor...5? Okay, thanks...." one of the occupants asked, "How are you today?" I said, "I'm wonderful. The sun is shining, no hurricanes, no tornadoes, no thunder storms... we're cooking with gas, here." She chimed in, "Yeah, no earthquakes, we got up this morning, moving around on our own power" (hmmm... made me wonder if she reads my stuff... LOL.) I said, "Exactly," and we chuckled.

Then we left elevator and approached the next door, which usually opens automatically when you get close (infrared-triggered, I suspect), but it didn't work. I said, "gosh... that used to open when I walked up to it; it made me feel special. I guess I'll have to find another way to feel special." My elevator partner responded, "Well, you made my day this morning, so that should make you feel special." I said, "Thank you, you're right. Meet you at the elevator tomorrow, same time."

Sometimes... it doesn't take a lot to brighten someone's day, and when you do, your day is brightened automatically.

So, make yourself happy. Go and brighten someone else's day.

Have a great one.

Kelvin

No comments: