Friday, November 28, 2008

Have a Frivolous Friday!

I was talking with a friend a few weeks back, and she was telling me about one of her co-workers who as upbeat and positive and liked to add adjectives to his daily greetings, like marvelous Monday, terrific Tuesday, wonderful Wednesday and the like. After all, "marvelous Monday" is much more uplifting than, "Ugh... back to the grind."

I thought it a rather smashing idea, and considering you shouldn't use the same adjective each week, can become quite challenging coming up with new ones. BUT... I love it. Yesterday could have been a thundering Thursday, for instance.

At any rate, today I borrow the thing that my friend borrowed from her co-worker. I wish you a Frivolous Friday! Do something fun today -- make someone smile ! (someone new, not just the normal crowd you pal around with.) Make it a movement to SPREAD a little joy!

I'll be listening to see how creative you got :-)

Have a happy!

Kelvin

1 comment:

Jill Hurst-Wahl said...

On Frivolous Friday, I shopped for a party (that you missed) and cooked. I like putting together the menu for an event that I'm hosting -- balancing items that I know will work with new choices for my guests. I seemed to have cooked enough in order to generate leftovers, which is a bonus 'cause throwing a party is work!